Prior to commencing my digital design based career I spent 8 years in client facing business roles including sales, account management and project management.
This experience has proved invaluable on UX projects where I have been able to clearly appreciate business drivers and priorities.
It has also meant that I've been able to take on or support the role of business analyst where this has been beneficial to a given project.
Examples of my business analysis skills and experience are listed below:
- Kick off meetings with business representatives to explore the opportunities and complexities of a soon to be designed item
- Requirements gathering and proposal of design solutions to business representatives
- Ability to push back and negotiate with business representatives where initial requirements may not be in the best interests of a given design solution. Although sometimes tricky this step is sometimes important if a design strategy is to be successfuly implemented (from the user base's perspective) to an acceptable standard.
- Detailed analysis of the current &/or proposed future business logic requirements on an interface by interface basis to ensure that UX design work is fully mindful of BA planning.
- Documentation of complex roles based user permissions specifications
- Creation of agile based user stories on a sprint by sprint basis
- Review and critique of BA requirements lists
If you'd like to know more about my business analysis skills and experience please get in touch.
Interested in learning more about UX?Subscribe to receive free UX insights & career guidance by email to help you on your journey: