Responsive web design & mobile apps
With the continued evolution of technologies such as HTML5, media queries, CSS3, hybrid web/native coding techniques combined with a voracious and ever growing global appetite for mobile / tablet based digital products and services the importance of developing an up to date UX skillset in the cross-device and mobile arenas is in my view crucial.
Whilst these new skills have taken some effort to get to grips with they have represented an interesting and satisfying challenge, so much so that I will always favour projects that allow me to utilise and develop responsive web and mobile app UX design skills.
I spent at lot of 2012 reading all I could about design for mobile phones and tablets before making a concerted effort to focus on the responsive web and the mobile app space at the start of 2013.
The following is a summary of my current UX design skills and experience in this space:
- In-store customer registration app for iPad
- Luxury ecommerce shopping experience portal app for phone and tablet
- Health informatics dashboard app for mobile and tablet (proof of concept following the design of a desktop version)
- Responsive CMS website package (Wordpress custom theme) selected and deployed for a London based fitness club
- Mobile web apps (with associated user journies) designed for promotional campaigns in both the mobile phone and fast food sectors
- Responsive design projects for website redesigns in the government, energy, pharmaceutical, car rental, car manufacturing and banking sectors.
- Design of mobile apps for distribution to global customer bases both in the mobile phone (this one was an omni-channel app) and premium wines and spirits sectors.
- Remote UX consultancy (via Skype) to an Icelandic startup to provide ideas to help enhance the experience of a trivia game app.
Please get in touch if you'd like to know more about my responsive web and mobile apps UX design skills and experience.
Interested in learning more about UX?Subscribe to receive free UX insights & career guidance by email to help you on your journey: